Here is my run down of the top 5 girls – that got it right – at last nights Golden Globes Awards ceremony.
1) My most favourite look had to be from a fabulous Brit Kate Beckinsale! Kate accessorised her Zuhair Murad Couture gown with an Edie Parker clutch and jewels by Lorraine Schwartz and Chopard. Resulting in OMG gorgeousness! Her low, loosely pinned up do looked effortless with face framing tendrils and teamed with oh so gorgeous neutral make up.
2) Amy Adams gave an honest and sweet speech, thanking her baby daughter after winning the Golden Globe for the best actress in a musical or comedy for American Hustle. Amy looked beautiful in a two tone scarlet and burgundy gown by Valentino Couture. It was daring yet sophisticated with a low draping neckline leading to to an empire waisted billowing skirt. Her hair was twisted and braided from a central parting and pinned high at the back. stunning.
3) Zooey Dechanel looked the ever glamorous 1950’s film star on the red carpet. She accessorised her Oscar de la Renta spring/summer 2014 gown with Oscar de la Renta heels, a Charlotte Olympia clutch and Neil Lane jewellery. Zooey has always loved the vintage look and she didn’t disappoint fans. The “vintage cream” two piece gown, was embellished with diamond embroidery and the light tulle skirt was to die for! Her hair was swept beautifully off her face to the side and pinned with a silk flower, with her ever-so-popular long fringe, parted to reveal her beautiful 50’s inspired make up with matt coral lipstick.
4) Actress and comedienne, Allison Williams chose a gown from my favourite British designer Alexander McQueen’s spring/summer 2014 collection. The top of this simple monochrome dress featured textured horizontal stripes leading down to a fitted blackest of blacks crepe fabric skirts. Allison’s long tresses were smoothed and sleeked from her parting and down her back showing her perfectly toned shoulders and arms.
5) Reese Witherspoon arrived wearing Calvin Klein Collection, worn with Harry Winston jewels. It was hard not to notice that 37 year old Reese, looked flawless in the not-so-easy-to-wear gown, the running is paying off! She looked truly stunning in this simple, jewelled coloured, halter neck gown. Her poker straight hair, which is looking to be one of the top hair trends going into 2014, was left loose and playfully tucked behind her ear.
Did you have a favourite? I would love to know.